The Children Director is responsible for helping children to find and follow Jesus. This person will provide oversight and direction to our weekly Kid’s Ministries (Birth to 5th Grade) by creating awesome environments that children can't wait to be a part of, building teams, training volunteers and executing awesome events for children!
Click here to take our culture index survey: https://take.surveys.ci/s/9985S9LvdY/66840
This is an incredible opportunity for a male or female that has a strong desire to experience...
-a multicultural & multigenerational ministry that loves to think outside the box.
-an opportunity to have some crazy fun while seeing life change in children.
-a place that refuses prejudice. We love people freely and frequently from the street to the seat.
-a team that loves to laugh loud and often. We work hard and play hard.
-a leadership environment. This is not a ministry for a doer this is for someone that wants to equip and lead teams.
This person helps the pastor accomplish the overall vision of the church, Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Purpose, and Make a Difference by creating programs that aid in children having a safe, clean, fun and engaging environment for children to learn more about Jesus.
- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all programming for children birth through 5th grade.
- Identify, recruit, develop, and train volunteers to become Coaches and Team Leaders over each department. (Nursery, Preschool, Elementary, Kid Check)
- Hold frequent meetings with all volunteers to make sure they are executing the policies, procedures, practices and vision of these ministries.
- Plan and oversee special events related to children and families, including Vacation Bible School, Fall Festivals, DayCamps,Family Fun Days etc.
- Submit all events to graphics coordinator for advertising.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers by attending Growth Track Step 3 and by any other means necessary.
- Set growth goals for each quarter and discuss in meetings with the pastor.
- Maintain the integrity of the children’s Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of the church.
- Manage all children’s ministry staff that work with children from birth through fifth grade. This would include oversight of all childcare needed within the church.(Finding the workers/Hiring/Developing/Firing contracted workers)
- Identify and execute mission opportunities for children to participate in.
- Run background checks on anyone working with children.
- Ensure children’s spaces are lively, fun, clean, and ready for worship time. This includes making sure we have the necessary technology available. TVS/SOUND/LIGHTING/PAINT/ETC.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of the church.
- Trust in the leadership of the church.
- A call to serve in children’s ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Encourage children to learn the importance of salvation, baptism, scripture memorization, serving, giving, loving, and meeting the needs of other people.
- Hold monthly conversations with kids about salvation.
- Baptize children that aren’t planning to be baptized by their parents. (Offer it to parents first.)
- Run a midweek RevGroup for children to go deeper with Jesus.
- Oversee child dedications at your campus
-Energized by People
-Not scared to act crazy if that is what connects
-Fun to be around
-Positive by nature
-Plans in advance
-Gets stuff DONE!
-Sets a goal then takes action to conquer it!
-Multi-tasks so well that plate spinners look on with awe
-Has good character
-Supports the vision of their church
-Believes in having fun
-Not easily offended or discouraged
-Respects their leader
-Is always learning, growing, and being stretched
-Desires to be a part of something larger than themselves
-Knows how to work a PC and Mac
-Can get around with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point)
-Is able to use Jedi mind tricks to engage people to be a part of the Revolution!
-Always seems to have a good attitude
-Knows how to knock the ball out of the park
-Works hard but also like to have F.U.N. while getting things done!
About our church:
Revolution Church is a rapidly growing Spirit-Filled Non-Denominational church located in McKinney, TX with a mission to lead people to find and follow Jesus. We are a Church that planted over 7 years ago and have seen over 1000 people accept Christ, been baptized and discipled since our beginning.
In 2017, we moved into our very own church building with over 30,000 square feet, fun and exciting Children’s spaces and warm and inviting spaces for everyone in the church to meet, worship and serve others. God has exceeded all of our expectations as we have been focused on relentlessly improving the facilities and restructuring the ministry to continually reach people for Christ in McKinney.
You can read more about what we believe and core values here.
Living in McKinney, TX
Call us biased, but we believe McKinney is the best place to live on the planet! McKinney has been voted many years in a row “The Best City to Live as a Family”, as well as one of “The Fastest Growing Cities in America.” Our church is situated 30 miles from Dallas, 50 miles Fort Worth, and home to so many amazing restaurants which include a great barbecue spot that is one of the top 50 BBQ in the world: Hutchin’s Barbacue. You will also find we are located near the Dallas Cowboys Training Center, Mavericks Arena and so much more.
In addition, you will enjoy amazing weather 9 months out of the year, a fast-paced but "no worries" environment, great schools and endless opportunities to make memories for yourself and your family.
Revolution Church values its employees and offers a very generous benefits package for employees and their families.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health
- Vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee paid vacation and sick leave
- Free Childcare during the week for children in Preschool age.